From alumni events to the annual Thanksgiving feast and from scholarship winners to a Scottish Highlands trip, there is much in 2014 to look back on and celebrate for the UCEAP Scotland, England and Ireland Programmes! This year, the London and Edinburgh Study Centres welcomed over 1,500 students to UCEAP Programmes throughout the UK and Ireland and, with that, came many amazing memories, experiences and highlights:
- UCEAP students from Scotland, England and Ireland spent a spring weekend exploring the Scottish Highlands-including trips to Blair Castle, Cairngorms National Park, Culloden Battlefield, Glen Coe and a boat tour on Loch Ness!
- Earlier this year, UCEAP Scotland students cooked up some delicious Scottish fare with a menu that included cheese scones, hot smoked salmon pate and forfar bridies at the first ever Scottish Cookery Night!
- An array of “Student Welcome” events were hosted by UC Alumni in London and Edinburgh, offering UCEAP participants the opportunity to network with alumni from their home UC campuses who are currently based in the UK.
- UCEAP England students and the current UCEAP Scottish Parliament interns visited Westminster and the Supreme Court in London and were able to gain great first-hand insights into the British political system and structure.
- The 3rd Annual UCEAP UK/Ireland Thanksgiving Celebration was held this past November in Dublin, Ireland and welcomed over 300 current UCEAP Scotland, England and Ireland students, alumni and guests for a night that included a traditional Thanksgiving feast, live Irish music and plenty of dancing!
- The London Study Centre hosted a wonderful “Beyond Study Abroad” event, bringing together UCEAP students and UC alumni to discuss returning to the UK after graduation.
- Over the course of the year, scholarships were awarded to more than half a dozen UCEAP students studying in the UK or Ireland, allowing them to participate in an array of activities from rugby tournaments to international academic conferences.
Overall, 2014 was filled with many great highlights for our UCEAP England, Scotland and Ireland Programmes! Cheers to creating more wonderful memories in 2015!
Happy New Year from the Edinburgh and London Study Centres!