As you participate in your internship abroad, remember that UCEAP honors outstanding internship experiences with the UCEAP Internship Award. Awardees receive $1,000, and their experiences are shared with the UCEAP community.
In order to submit a successful application, you have to work on your application throughout the internship. Application requirements will include:
1. Reflective Application Essay
2. Photos and/or video
3. Supervisor Nomination Letter
4. Final project for which you earned academic credit, if applicable
In preparation for the Internship Award application, here are some questions you should explore as your internship unfolds:
• What are my goals for this internship? Are these goals being met?
• How does the internship align with my major and/or career plans?
• What professional, technical and/or personal skills am I learning at the internship? How could these skills benefit me later?
• As an intern, I become part of a community abroad. How am I contributing to this community?
• How can I make the most of my internship if things do not go as planned?
It is important that you write down your experiences while you are abroad, and that you try to be as specific as possible. I highly recommend that you keep a journal throughout your internship. Also remember, even if you do not apply for the UCEAP Internship Award, formulating answers to the above questions will help you to conduct better job interviews and write better resumes when you return.
Upon completion of your internship, you will receive an e-mail from UCEAP that will give you further instructions on how to apply for this Award.
MORE DETAILS ON APPLYING FOR THIS AWARD COMING SOON