We are looking to (pumpkin) spice things up this fall season by starting a UKI UCEAP-wide Scavenger Hunt competition! Wahoo!
The aim of the competition is to challenge your creativity and out-going spirit by exploring and documenting different aspects of your UCEAP experience, specifically, by snagging pictures/videos of the following 7 ‘clues’:
- A studious selfie.
- A photo of you and your friends with a landmark.
- A photo of you doing something you’ve never done before going abroad.
- An Instagram worthy picture of the most popular food in your location.
- A photo of something that is unique to your host university.
- A photo of you wearing your UC clothing.
- A photo of yourself coping with the typically British/Irish/Scottish weather.
**For a BONUS prize: shoot a video of you pronouncing 5 different words in your best British/Irish/Scottish accent! (Extra points if you choose typically British/Irish/Scottish words).
There are two different prize pools to enter, one on Instagram and the other via Email. Submitted via email, our Scavenger Hunt ‘Best Performance’ prizes will be given to the students who successfully and most spectacularly ‘hunted down’ and documented all 7 clues. Our Instagram ‘Most Likes’ prize will be awarded to the student that posts his or her clues on Instagram using the #ukiuceap hashtag, and collects the most likes.
- Most Likes: £40 Amazon voucher
- Best Performance:
- 1st: £40 Amazon voucher
- 2nd: £30 Amazon voucher
- 3rd: £20 Amazon voucher
- Bonus: … gonna keep this one a surprise!
Rules of the Game
To be considered for the competition prizes, you must abide by the following instruction and rules:
- Eligibility: to participate, you must be a current UCEAP student studying at a university in England, Scotland or Ireland.
- To be considered for the Scavenger Hunt Best Performance prize you must submit all 7 photos via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via Instagram direct message to our @ukiuceap account by the November 14 deadline.
- We must receive direct email/Instagram submissions to consider you for this prize. Feel free to post your clues on Instagram, however, we need emailed/direct message copies. Please be sure to clearly label/number each photo with its corresponding clue.
- The video for the BONUS prize should also be submitted via email/Instagram.
- To be considered for the Most Likes Instagram prize, you must post your photo submission(s) on your Instagram account using the #ukiuceap hashtag by the November 14th deadline. You do not have to upload all 10 clues, but we challenge you to get as many as you can! Please be sure to also clearly identify your posts with Clue #s and captions.
- You must notify us via email (email@example.com) that you are participating in the Instagram portion of the competition by sending us an email with: your name, host university and Instagram account handle.
- **If you have a private Instagram account, please make sure that you ‘approve’ our follow request (from @ukiuceap) if we do not follow you already, otherwise we won’t be able to see your Likes count!
- All photographs and video must be UC appropriate (no alcohol, drugs, nudity or bad language; keep it PG, folks!)
- Can we submit Scavenger Hunt clues as a team? Yes! If you want to team up with other UKI UCEAP students, go for it. Please note that the prize, should your submissions win, will be shared amongst your team members.
The deadline for submissions will be November 14th @ 12:00pm, this gives you plenty of time to hunt down these clues and challenge yourself to discover your EAP destination. If you have any questions regarding the competition rules/guidelines, please email Esther at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The winners will be announced at our annual UCEAP Thanksgiving event in London!
Good luck, and Godspeed.