UKIUCEAP is offering an exciting opportunity for current students abroad to serve as a Student Representative for their host universities in England, Scotland and Ireland. In this role, you will be acting as a liaison between the UCEAP students at your Host University and the UKIUCEAP Study Centres. The Student Rep role is a fun and informative way to get to know both your fellow UC students and the Study Centre staff all while developing valuable skills such as communication, outreach, social media marketing and diplomacy. Most importantly, the Student Rep role is a great way to show other UC students, back in California, first-hand the unforgettable experience that is study abroad. We hope your position as Student Rep for your host university will encourage them to take the step towards international education!
Expectations and Duties:
- Provide a link between students at your Host University and UCEAP London and Edinburgh Study Centre staff
- Organise a monthly meet-up with UCEAP students at your Host University; it can be at a café, a cinema trip, or a picnic at the park! Be creative and have fun with it
- Continually use social media throughout your term to casually document your meetings with students using the hashtag #UKIUCEAP – e.g. Tweeting or Instagramming photos, selfies, etc.
- Promote UCEAP and alumni events to students at your Host University
- Highlight any student issues and needs that arise to UCEAP London and Edinburgh Study Centre staff
- Attend a monthly meeting with UCEAP London or Edinburgh Study Centre staff, either in person or via Skype
- Represent UCEAP students at your Host University
- Have a way to contact all students on the programme – e.g. a Facebook group made specifically for the term, group chat, etc.
- At the end of your term, write a reflection on your experience as a Student Rep to be published on our website