- Ireland’s top-ranked university and the only Irish university in the world top 100 (QS World University Rankings 2014/2015)
- An international community of over 118 different nationalities make up the university’s student population
- Located in the heart of Dublin’s city centre
- Notable alumni include literary legends Oscar Wilde and Jonathan Swift
Find out more about:
“Studying in Dublin has given me the chance to get to know Ireland’s culture unlike any vacation ever could. The rich history of the city and the friendly nature of the people have given me a truly unforgettable experience this semester abroad.” –Kelsey Verschelden, UCEAP Ireland (Trinity Spring 2015)
Found in 1592, Trinity College Dublin is rooted in over 400 years of tradition and prestige as Ireland’s best university. TCD’s stunning campus contains a wonderful mix of historic and modern facilities located right in the centre of Ireland’s vibrant capital city. Studying at Trinity offers students the unique opportunity of combining a rigorous academic experience with the lively, creative and progressive student life in and around Dublin City.
With a large and active international community, Trinity’s Global Room is a centre for International student activities which includes a support library highlighting international opportunities and features access to Global TV stations! In addition to its over 120 societies and 50 sports clubs, TCD also has a state-of-the-art sports centre on campus, including a pool, climbing wall, two large sports/martial arts halls, a fitness theatre, an aerobic and dance studio and even massage and relaxation areas for sauna and steam room enthusiasts!
Situated on the east side of the country in Ireland’s province of Leinster, Dublin City is the largest city within the Republic. Ireland’s capital is filled with history and tradition and includes a past producing literary greats such as James Joyce and Oscar Wilde. Yet, if you take a wander throughout the bustling city centre, you’ll find that Dublin really knows how to create a vibe that perfectly mixes its rich history and traditions with a contemporary excitement and cheerful energy that only the Irish know how to do!
Whether exploring the Temple Bar district and the array of live music and street performers on every corner, gallery-hopping around Dublin and experiencing its unique art scene, strolling down Grafton Street for some afternoon shopping, or wandering a bit outside of the city centre and experiencing the breath-taking Irish landscape and architecture, Dublin City has a personality that is sure to win your heart. In addition, as the country’s transportation hub, living in Dublin makes travelling both in Ireland and across to mainland Europe very convenient-there are even airport buses located just across from the main Trinity gates!
Top Five Things to do whilst at TCD:
1. Visit the world famous Book of Kells, located in Trinity’s Old Library
2. Attend one of Dublin’s many festivals throughout the year-from the Dublin Writers Festival to the city’s International Film or Dance Festivals, there is always something to experience
3. Spend a weekend roaming the beautiful and nearby Wicklow Mountains and National Park with friends
4. Indulge in some Irish stew and soda bread and watch a live Irish music and dance dinner show in the city
5. Visit Dublin Zoo, the birthplace of the original MGM lion, which is located in Dublin’s Phoenix Park
Want to learn more about what it’s like to be a student at Trinity? Check out this video from UCEAP student, Jessica Imani!
Interested in studying abroad at Trinity College Dublin? Click here to find out what the programme has to offer.